It is recommended that patients visit Dr. Kashfian biannually for a dental checkup. It is also important for those who no longer have their natural teeth to visit Dr. Kashfian routinely for evaluation of soft tissues and the functionality of dental appliances.
During a dental exam Dr. Kashfian will:
• Evaluate oral hygiene and overall oral health
• Search for signs of tooth decay, root decay, gum loss, or bone deterioration
• Determine the need for tooth restorations or replacements
• Examine bite and jaw for signs of any problems
• Take dental x-rays when necessary
Information regarding health complications or any medications taken should be provided during the examination. Dr. Kashfian, will be able to use this vital information to help determine the best ways to remedy oral health issues. For example, diabetic patients have a higher risk of developing periodontal disease. Certain medications can also lead to dry mouth, which in turn can lead to the development of tooth decay.
For patients with dental appliances, such as dental bridges or dentures, Dr. Kashfian will closely evaluate the function and aesthetics of the restoration and will determine if any adjustments are required.
To protect the health of your smile, schedule your routine dental exam with Dr. Kashfian every six months.