Full and Partial Dentures
Dr. Kashfian, Beverly Hills dentures and Chatsworth dentures dentist, uses full and partial dentures to help restore the function and aesthetics of missing teeth. Full dentures are typically used on patients who are missing all of their teeth in the upper or lower jaw, while partial dentures are used when some of the patient’s natural teeth are still present.
After removal of patient’s compromised teeth, conventional dentures can be fabricated and worn approximately 12 weeks post-surgery. This allows ample time for soft tissue and bone to heal after extraction of damaged teeth.
Unlike conventional dentures, immediate dentures are made prior to the extraction of compromised teeth and can be immediately placed following surgery by Dr. Kashfian. Patients will not be without teeth during the healing process. Adjustments and realignments will be needed to ensure proper fit.
Dr. Kashfian, expert in partial and full dentures in Beverly Hills and Chatsworth, uses removable partial dentures to help restore one or more missing teeth in the mouth. This dental appliance contains replacement teeth attached to gum-colored plastic base, connected to durable metal framework.
If patients would like a more permanent way of replacing missing teeth, permanent bridges may be used to help bridge the gaps. Since the bridge is bonded directly into place with special adhesives, it is considered to be a permanent partial denture bridge. Dr. Kashfian also uses dental bridges to help restore teeth to their most natural state.
The fabrication process of dentures typically takes several appointments, which can extend from three to six weeks. Once Dr. Kashfian has determined the best appliance needed to help restore missing teeth, the following steps are generally involved:
• A series of impressions will be taken.
• A wax-up will be developed in the exact shape and position in which the denture will fit in the mouth.
• A series of try-ins will be scheduled to ensure that the appliance fits perfectly. The shade of gum color in addition to the size, shape, and shade of teeth will be selected to ensure that the appliance helps restore patient’s smile to its most natural state.
• A final denture will be fabricated by dental lab and will be sent back to Dr. Kashfian’s office for delivery to the patient.
• Any necessary adjustments will be made during the delivery appointment.
It is essential for patients to schedule routine visits with Dr. Kashfian to ensure that their appliance is fully functioning. Minor adjustments may be necessary. Dental examinations should also be scheduled as well so that the health of the jaw bone and gum tissue can be closely monitored.